Minnesota Bridge Collapse
In case you missed it, a major interstate highway in Minnesota collapsed, killing at least nine people and injuring 60. The death toll is expected to rise, according to MSNBC.
By 1 a.m. CT Thursday, Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek said all search efforts had been called off for the night. At about 10:25 p.m. CT, officials said recovery personnel had moved from rescuing individuals to recovering bodies.
About 20 families had gathered at an information center, looking for information on loved ones apparently missing.
Police Chief Tim Dolan said all survivors who were on the bridge are now off.
"We've accounted for all the construction workers except for one," he said.
Rybak said rescue workers had searched around 50 cars. “We have a feeling that there are more vehicles under the water,” Clack said.
"Obviously, this is a catastrophe of historic proportions," said Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty.
- Permalink ::
- There's more... (21 comments)




